Decades-old case against ex-cop heading to court



BENNINGTON, Vt. (AP) — A long-delayed case of a former New York police detective accused of sexually assaulting a girl at his vacation home in Vermont is heading to court. Attorney General T.J. Donovan says a team from his office will be discussing the status in court Monday of the case against Leonard Forte. Forte, who lives in LaBelle, Florida, was charged with felony sexual assault of a 12-year-old girl in 1987.  He was convicted in 1988 but a judge ordered a new trial saying the prosecutor had been too emotional.  WCAX-TV reports the case has been delayed after Forte said a terminal illness prevented him from traveling to Vermont. 

On-Air & Up next

  • America First
    9:00PM - 11:59PM
     
    Sebastian Gorka is national security analyst for the Fox News Channel & the author of "War For America's Soul," “Why We Fight” & “Defeating Jihad.” He is uniquely qualified to   >>
     
  • Hollywood 360
    12:00AM - 1:00AM
     
  • Frontlines of Freedom
    1:00AM - 3:00AM
     
  • The Eric Metaxas Show
    3:00AM - 5:00AM
     
  • Townhall Weekend Review
     

See the Full Program Guide